Party Canvasses of Botetourt County
of the Republican Party of Virginia
As Chairman of the BOTETOURT COUNTY Committee of the Republican Party, and pursuant to the Plan of Organization and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, CHARLES W. SIMMONS, do hereby issue this call for Party Canvasses (Firehouse Primaries) to be held on SATURDAY MAY 1, 2021 at BUCHANAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (255 Schoolhouse Rd. Buchanan, VA) from 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. and LORD BOTETOURT HIGH SCHOOL (1435 Roanoke Rd., Daleville, VA 24083) from 3:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. (local times) for the following purposes:
- Nominating a Republican candidate for the office of BUCHANAN DISTRICT BOARD OF SUPERVISOR to be voted for in the GENERAL ELECTION on NOVEMBER 2, 2021.
- Nominating a Republican candidate for the office of AMSTERDAM DISTRICT BOARD OF SUPERVISOR to be voted for in the GENERAL ELECTION on NOVEMBER 2, 2021.
Qualifications for Participation
All legal and qualified voters of BOTETOURT COUNTY’S BUCHANAN MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT and BOTETOURT COUNTY’S AMSTERDAM MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin or sex, who are in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in open meeting either orally or in writing as may be required, their intent to support all of its nominees for public office in the ensuing election, may participate in the party canvass for their District.
Candidates for election at said primaries must file a written statement of their intent to seek the Republican nomination for their respective District. Said written statement of intent to seek nomination must include the candidate’s name and phone number. The deadline for filing is Friday, April 16, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Written statements must be filed by either:
- Mailing them to P.O. Box 702 Daleville, VA 24083 (post marks do not control);
- By emailing them to BotetourtCountyGOP@gmail.com ; or
- By in-person delivery at the office of the John Alderson Agency Inc., located at 1215 Roanoke Rd. Suite 101 Daleville, VA., during business hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Mon-Fri.
If not more than the number of persons to be nominated shall file for the respective offices such properly filed person(s) shall be declared nominated and no Party Canvass(es) will be held for such purposes.
There will be NO registration fee to participate as a voter or a candidate for nomination in either firehouse primary.
*Paid for and authorized by the BOTETOURT COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE.